Sunday, February 15, 2009

Late To The Party

Well, I had a blog for a few months back in '05 / '06. www.thtevie.blogspot.com. But apparently I can't get into it now, so I've got to do another one. Whatever.

I guess the real reason for this is to avoid putting all the stuff that I'm going to put here up on Facebook. Yes, it's nice. Yes, it's interesting. Yes, it's easy. But it's also limited to people on FB, and since most of my family doesn't / won't use it, it's worthless to them.

Also, I'm just jealous of my wife. She's been taking notes already: www.mathysadoption.blogspot.com Really, I figured that some of the things that are going into our home study materials will be very valuable for our daughter to have when she gets older, and this way I can also share my thoughts with other family and friends.

One of the first things we have to do is a "Me As A Person" document, with lots of questions. The one I wanted to share tonight is this:

3. What are the three most important things you want to accomplish in life?
1) I don’t need everyone to like me, but I would like all the people I know to say, “He was a good…” and fill in the blank with whatever they knew me as – husband, church member, brother, actuary… 2) I want to complete the Ironman Triathlon Championship in Hawaii. I think such an intense, prolonged physical activity would prove not only my physical endurance but emotional commitment to preparation and completion of an incredible task. 3) I want to be married to my wife for at least 50 years. Nobody knows when they’ll die, but I expect that, given reasonable health, we should be able to show our children, friends, and neighbors what commitment and love really look like.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogs! I hope you don't mind, I made a link to your blog from mine (tell me if you want it down!). :) http://amberhwavesofgrain.blogspot.com
    Nathan has a blog too:
    http://dapperdaddy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete