Saturday, February 21, 2009

More personal questions...

More questions from "Me As A Person"

1. How would you describe yourself?

I am an intellectual, a fun guy to be around, a player of games and a reader of books. I am not the best at anything, but I think I’m pretty good at a lot of things, which is what I like. I have never felt a need to be perfectionist, I have never felt overly-organized, and I have never felt like I’m disappointing myself in what I do. I have stood up for my beliefs and opinions against much opposition, even to the point of being the only dissenting voice on a vote that needed to be unanimous to pass, and incurred against me much ill-will. I love spending time with my kids and wife, and I love doing the things I am paid to do, because I am good at them. I enjoy nature, though I don’t get enough time in it, I enjoy exercise, I enjoy reading and writing. I exhibit both introverted and extroverted qualities, but I think I am most likely introverted, in that I really thrive when alone. But I also need stimulation and time with others, or I feel lonely.

2. How would you describe your spouse?

My wife is probably more introverted, in that she can get feelings of crowding when too many people are in the room. She likes to laugh and have fun, enjoys spending time with me and with the kids, though I know she feels more responsibility than fun with them, and that’s expected. She does not need to be the best at everything, either, but she does like and need order and certainty for various things. That’s a bit of a problem sometimes, when she has misplaced something and feels that the very next thing she must do, forsaking all other things, is to find it. This can cause stress between us, because I have my mind on other priorities and wish she would be able to put the immediate loss aside. On the other hand, that gives her great attachment to the things she loves, and with that great pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment